Sunday, July 8, 2012

NO HONOR IN HIS NATIVE PLACE

“A prophet is not without honor except in his native place
and among his own kin and in his own house”
MARK 6:4

“Never judge a book by its cover” is something my parents often told me. It is a good piece of advice especially for the spiritual life. Just because we think we know someone does not mean that God cannot transform him or her into a messenger of the Gospel. God chooses whom He wills for His service and it is not for us to judge whether or not His choice is appropriate or correct. It is up to us to obey His Word when we hear it. Sometimes it will come from an obvious source, but who knows, maybe just when we least expect it, it may come from the least obvious choice. And that might even be you!

LORD, THANK YOU FOR BRINGING ME OUT OF MY NATIVE PLACE TO ANOTHER PLACE WHERE I HAVE TRULY FOUND MY HOME WITH YOU. THANK YOU FOR THE HUMBLING EXPERIENCE THAT MADE ME WHAT I AM AND WHO I AM TODAY. ALTHOUGH I WAS SERVING ACTIVELY IN YOUR CHURCH, MY HEART WAS FAR AWAY FROM YOU. FROM BEING SERVANT, YOU MADE ME YOUR FRIEND AND BROUGHT ME TO PLACES WHERE I CAN JUST SIT AND ENJOY MY FELLOWSHIP WITH YOU. THESE MOMENTS OF FULLNESS AND PEACE, I WILL TREASURE FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE IN THE WORLD. YOU MAY BE WITHOUT HONOR IN YOUR NATIVE PLACE, BUT FOR ME ALL GLORY AND HONOR IS YOURS NOW AND FOREVER. AMEN.

Go! God will Provide

In the realm where divine control resides, Where His love, in every moment, abides. He's with us always, in every stride, Caring, provid...