Saturday, July 25, 2015

TURNS AND RETURNS

Is your world turning upside down?

There will always come a time when your life makes a turn. A turn that can bring you to sorrow or pain like a death or separation from a love one, loosing your job, or failing to pass an examination. You feel you are isolated with the rest of the world in the sense that while they rejoice, here you are left alone with a wounded and broken heart.

Jesus said, "Truly, truly, I say to you, you will weep and lament, but the world will rejoice; you will be sorrowful, but your sorrow will turn into joy". (John 16:20)

There can be no joy without sorrow. This is a turn that shifts the heart from a negative impact to aim or aspire for a positive disposition. A turn where the heart grieves and hopes for the love of the Lord. Only the Lord can overturn your sorrow into joy.

As the Lord said, "I will turn their mourning into joy, I will console and gladden them after their sorrows. (Jeremiah 31:13). Those that sow in tears shall reap rejoicing. Although they go forth weeping, carrying the seed to be sown, they shall come back rejoicing, carrying their sheaves." (Psalm 126:5-6)

No amount of comfort or pleasures in the world can ever substitute the joy that the Lord brings. You may be materially rich but deep inside of you, your heart cries and you are not happy. The true source of joy and lasting happiness can only come from the Lord. It can not be bought, it is freely given to those who abide in Him.

The Lord filled me at an instant. After confessing that I seem to be in a state of grief or sorrow where my spirit became low because of some frustrating events, God immediately rescued me from such a downhearted feeling. Instead of allowing me to dwell on the darkness that has begun to surround me, He showed me His light towards an abundant path by way of making me focus on His graces and blessings. It is as good as saying to me, "Do not worry my child, I your Father will take care of everything for you".

Friend, in times of sadness, sorrows and pains, put your trust in the Lord for such incidents are only temporary in nature; it will only be "for a little while". It is in this state of grace that God's joy will fill your heart and mind in Christ Jesus.


As it is written in Esther C:25, let this be your prayer, "Turn our mourning into gladness and our sorrows into wholeness". 

Lord, you are the ultimate joy of my heart. Only you can fill the emptiness in me for you know me inside and out. Truly, I can not live to the fullest without you by my side. All great things come from you and you alone can turn my sorrow into joy.


Published:
May 15, 2015 - 5:52AM
March 28, 2015 - 7:05AM
May 09, 2013 - 7:48AM

Go! God will Provide

In the realm where divine control resides, Where His love, in every moment, abides. He's with us always, in every stride, Caring, provid...